Last Updated on August 3, 2021 by Admin
You are installing a Cisco Nexus 1000v VSM in VMware vSphere by using the recommended OVA file method of installation.
Which of the following steps are performed automatically? (Choose four.)
- install VSM plug-in
- create the VSM
- add hosts
- configure VSM networking
- configure SVS connection
- perform initial VSM setup
The creation of the virtual supervisor module (VSM), the configuration of VSM networking, the initial VSM setup, and the installation of the VSM plug-in are performed automatically when you install a Cisco Nexus 1000v VSM in VMware vSphere by using the open virtualization appliance (OVA) file method of installation. You are required to manually configure the server virtualization switch (SVS) connection and add hosts. The OVA file method of installation is the Cisco-preferred method of installing a Nexus 1000v VSM on VMware vSphere.
There are three methods of installing the Nexus 1000v VSM:
– By using an International Standards Organization (ISO) image
– By using an open virtualization format (OVF) folder and installation wizard
– By using an OVA file and installation wizard
No matter which installation method is chosen, the VSM installation process consists of the following six steps:
– Creation of the VSM virtual machine (VM) in Cisco vCenter
– Configuration of VSM networking
– Initial VSM setup in the VSM console
– Installation of the VSM plug-in in vCenter
– Configuration of the SVS connection in the VSM console
– Addition of hosts to the virtual distributed switch in vCenter
The steps in this process that you are required to perform manually depend on the method of installation you choose.
The OVF folder method of installing the Nexus 1000v VSM is similar to the OVA file method. However, the OVF folder method performs only the first two steps of the installation process. This means that you are required to manually configure the final four steps. The primary difference between an OVA file and an OVF folder is that the OVA file is a single compressed archive.
The ISO image method of installing the Nexus 1000v VSM requires that you manually perform each of the six steps in the installation process. An ISO image file contains a virtual filesystem that can be mounted by an operating system (OS) similar to an optical disc or a Universal Serial Bus (USB) flash drive.