Last Updated on August 1, 2021 by Admin
Which IOS commands do you enter in interface configuration mode to configure a switch port to actively negotiate to be an ISL trunk port if possible? (Choose two.)
- switchport trunk isl
- switchport mode dynamic auto
- switchport trunk allowed vlan
- switchport mode dynamic desirable
- switchport trunk encapsulation isl
Entering the IOS commands switchport mode dynamic desirable and switchport trunk encapsulation isl in interface configuration mode will allow a switch port to actively negotiate to be an ISL trunk port if possible.
Use the following steps to configure a port as an ISL trunk:
1. Enter the interface configuration. switch(config)# interface interface-id 2. Configure the port to use ISL encapsulation. switch(config-if)# switchport trunk encapsulation isl 3. Configure the port as a trunk port. switch(config-if)# switchport mode dynamic desirable
Note: Trunking modes can be configured as trunk, dynamic auto, dynamic desirable, nonegotiate, and access.
This allows DTP to actively negotiate to be a trunk if the other side is set to trunk, desirable , or auto. If one side is set to auto and the other side is also set to auto, no negotiations will occur.
The switchport allowed vlan command is also valid for configuring dot1q trunks, but is not required. By default, all VLANs are allowed on the trunk.
The other commands use incorrect syntax.
Layer 2 Technologies
Configure and verify trunking