Last Updated on April 30, 2021 by Admin
What is an advantage in using a packet filtering firewall versus a high-end firewall appliance?
- Packet filters perform almost all the tasks of a high-end firewall at a fraction of the cost.
- Packet filters represent a complete firewall solution.
- Packet filters are not susceptible to IP spoofing.
- Packet filters provide an initial degree of security at the data-link and network layer.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
There are several advantages of using a packet filtering firewall:
– allows for implementing simple permit or deny rule sets.
– has a low impact on network performance
– is easy to implement, and is supported by most routers
– provides an initial degree of security at the network layer
– performs almost all the tasks of a high-end firewall at a much lower cost