Last Updated on September 12, 2021 by Admin
An organization has ordered a new AWS Direct Connect connection. The AWS Management Console reports that the connection is available and BGP status is up. However, the networking team is not able to reach instances in the VPC using ping on the organization’s private IP address.
What could cause this connectivity issue? (Choose two.)
- The VGW is not advertising the correct CIDR range back on-premises.
- The instance security group does not allow ICMP traffic.
- A public virtual interface must be configured for Amazon EC2 connectivity.
- The on-premises router is not advertising the correct CIDR range to AWS.
- There is a misconfiguration of the bi-directional forwarding detection.