Last Updated on April 30, 2021 by Admin
What are two shared characteristics of the IDS and the IPS? (Choose two.)
- Both are deployed as sensors.
- Both analyze copies of network traffic.
- Both use signatures to detect malicious traffic.
- Both have minimal impact on network performance.
- Both rely on an additional network device to respond to malicious traffic.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
Both the IDS and the IPS are deployed as sensors and use signatures to detect malicious traffic. The IDS analyzes copies of network traffic, which results in minimal impact on network performance. The IDS also relies on an IPS to stop malicious traffic.