Last Updated on November 2, 2020 by Admin
Refer to the exhibit. PC1 issues an ARP request because it needs to send a packet to PC3. In this scenario, what will happen next?
- RT1 will forward the ARP request to PC3.
- RT1 will send an ARP reply with its own Fa0/0 MAC address.
- RT1 will send an ARP reply with the PC3 MAC address.
- SW1 will send an ARP reply with its Fa0/1 MAC address.
- RT1 will send an ARP reply with its own Fa0/1 MAC address.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
When a network device has to communicate with a device on another network, it broadcasts an ARP request asking for the default gateway MAC address. The default gateway (RT1) unicasts an ARP reply with the Fa0/0 MAC address.