Last Updated on October 17, 2019 by Admin
NDG Linux Essentials 2.0 Chapter 3 Exam Answers
The Samba application is a:
- Security Server
- File Server
- Mail Server
- Web Server
Which of the following are examples of desktop software?
- Music player
- File share
- Web browser
- Web server
If you wanted to set up a blog, which software would be most helpful?
Which of the following pieces of software deal with file sharing?
If you wanted to create and print an invoice, which software could you use?
POP and IMAP are related to:
- Serving web pages
- Reading and writing music
- Letting users log in to multiple servers with 1 set of credentials
- Sharing files
When a computer boots, it can get its network information through:
Which of the following are examples of text editors?
A package manager:
- Downloads software from the Internet
- Keeps track of which files belong to which packages
- Can optionally repartition your disk to make room for Linux
- Performs a fresh install of Linux
- Emails you when software is out of date
An interpreted programming language:
- Takes fewer resources to run than a compiled language
- Is converted into machine specific instructions as the program runs
- Requires a linking step but no compilation step
- Tends to offer more features than compiled languages
- Requires a compilation step but no linking step
Which of the following are true about compiled programming languages?
- Ruby is a compiled language
- Compiled languages are great for system administration tasks like scripting
- C is a compiled language
- Perl is a compiled language
- A programmer is usually more productive when using a compiled language
Which package manager is used in Fedora, a Red Hat derived system?
The Linux shell:
- Is customizable
- Has a built-in text editor
- Allows you to launch programs
- Has a scripting language
- Is responsible for tracking the location of configuration files
Which application would you use to edit and piece together sound files to make a podcast?
The two main families of Linux shells are:
- C Shell
- Bourne Shell
- Python Shell
- Korn shell
Which server software would you use to create a company directory that you could search and authenticate against?
- ISC DHCP
A Mail Transfer Agent’s primary purpose is to:
- Serve email to end clients
- Deliver mail between servers
- Manage the end user’s inbox
- Filter out spam
- Act as a gateway between faxes and email
Which of the following are examples of a web server?
If you wanted to let a Linux machine share files with Windows clients and servers, you would use:
- A user can connect to a server over the network and use a virtual console
- Many users can share one hard drive
- A machine can swap memory to disk
- A single host can be split up into multiple guests
- Two users get different memory spaces on the same machine
In virtualization, what are the host and guest?
- The terms can be used interchangeably
- A guest is a virtual machine
- A host is a virtual machine
- The host is the machine that runs the virtual machines
- The guest is the machine that runs the virtual machines
Which of the following are traits of cloud computing?
- You don’t have to worry about performance any more
- Resources can be accessed from anywhere over a network
- Scales IT resources so you pay for what you use
- You own the hardware but pay for it over time
- Only Linux works in cloud computing
If you wanted to write a report that was to be printed, you would probably use:
- A wiki
- Adobe Flash
To protect your privacy online, you can configure your computer to check for updates periodically.
True or False?
Which of the following is a tool that helps you anonymize your Internet browsing?
- Web proxy
- Tor Browser
Cloud computing is:
- Is made possible by faster internet speeds
- Is useful for both business and home users
- Allows users in different geographical regions to work together in real time
- Requires fewer resources because systems are shared among many users
- All are correct
The term for individual computers running multiple systems at the same time is:
- Cloud priority
Which of the following are traits of a multiuser operating system?
- Many users can log in simultaneously with a unique account
- Users can protect their information from other users
- Resources are shared between users
- Each user can only log in once per day
- An administrative user gets a dedicated CPU
If you want to store logins and passwords for different websites in a secure manner, you could use:
- A text file in your home directory
- A LibreOffice document
- A sticky note on your monitor
- In a spiral bound notebook in your file cabinet
Two components that provide the ability to implement a firewall include:
What are tradeoffs of increasing the level of privacy you have in your web browser?
- You may have to explicitly permit some cookies to be saved
- Sites may not work properly
- You may get viruses
- Websites may load slower
- Images won’t load properly
Social network “like” buttons can track your activity across the Internet.
True or False?
Which of the following are properties of a strong password?
- At least 10 characters long
- Based on easy to remember items like birthdays
- Includes symbols
- Long so that it can be reused on multiple sites
- A mix of upper and lower case
What can be done to prevent unauthorized users from accessing your computer remotely?
- Block third party cookies
- Turn on a firewall
- Block all cookies
- Use strong passwords on all user accounts
- Don’t use wireless networks – only wired
In graphical mode, you can get to a shell by running which applications?