Last Updated on October 17, 2019 by Admin
ITE v6.0 – IT Essentials Chapter 14 Quiz Answers
Cisco ITE latest or IT Essentials v6.0 Chapter 14 Quiz Answers PC hardware and software (ITE Version 6.00) collection year 2017, 2018 and 2019 Full 100%. IT Essentials has been know as ITE. The following are the questions quiz answers. Guarantee Passed. ITE v6.0 Chapter 14 Quiz Answers has some new update from the old version 5. You can review all Chapter 14 Quiz Answers. You will get passed scored 100% with this version 6.0. Good Luck for ITE v6.0 Quiz!
Why would a computer not recognize an external drive?
- incorrect drivers
- failing RAM
- a failed CMOS firmware update
- insufficient RAM
A computer that does not recognize an external drive can be an indication that incorrect drivers are installed.
Multiple users report that the workstations are assigned a 169.254.x.x IP address. The users are able to communicate only between each other. What is a possible solution?
- Restart the DNS server.
- Restart the DHCP server.
- Statically configure a default gateway on each workstation.
- Verify the network cable on all user machines.
When a network device automatically obtains the IP address 169.254.x.x, it is unable to receive an IP address from a DHCP server. The DHCP server should be restarted to ensure that it is operational.
What is a symptom that toner is unevenly distributed in a printer toner cartridge?
- toner not fused on the paper
- frequent paper jams
- ghost images on the paper
- vertical lines or streaks on the paper
A printer that produces pages that come out with vertical lines or streaks can be an indication that the toner is not distributed evenly in the cartridge.
A user reports that a workstation is continually rebooting. What can a technician do to stop the rebooting in order to troubleshoot?
- Change the boot sequence in BIOS or UEFI.
- Power cycle the workstation.
- Replace RAM modules with known good ones.
- Disable the auto restart function in the Advanced Startup Options menu.
An automatic reboot can occur if a workstation locks up during startup. The continual reboot makes it difficult to see any error messages. To stop the workstation from rebooting, go to the Advanced Startup Options menu and disable the auto restart function.. Modifying the boot sequence in BIOS or UEFI changes the search sequence of the devices used to find a bootable partition. Executing a power cycle on the workstation will not help because the problem happens during the startup process. Bad RAM will cause POST to fail during startup.
When starting a computer running Windows Vista, a technician sees that the error message “BOOTMGR is missing” appears after the POST. What are two possible solutions for this problem? (Choose two.)
- Restore boot.ini from the installation media.
- Restore BOOTMGR using the Windows Recovery Environment.
- Run the bootrec /fixboot command.
- Run virus removal software.
- Secure the display adapter on the motherboard.
- Run chkdsk /F /R from the recovery console.
The message “BOOTMGR is missing” could be a symptom of a missing or damaged BOOTMGR, a Boot Configuration Data file missing or damaged, a boot order not set correctly in BIOS, a corrupted MBR, or a failing hard drive. The fix cannot be done using a regular command since the OS cannot be located to start. The fact that the screen displays an error message indicates that the display card can perform at least basic functions and the error is not related to the display.
What is an indication that a printer does not have enough memory?
- Large or complex images do not print.
- Paper does not feed through the printer correctly.
- Printed pages have a ghost image.
- Unknown characters are printed.
The failure of a printer to print large or complex images can be an indication that more memory needs to be installed.
A workstation has been moved from headquarters to a branch office. The user is now reporting that the workstation cannot connect to the network. A technician suspects that the workstation did not correctly obtain an IP address from a DHCP server. What are two possible causes for the problem? (Choose two.)
- An IP address conflict occurred.
- The default gateway address is misconfigured on the workstation.
- The DHCP server is misconfigured.
- The workstation has been configured with a static IP address.
- A host-based software firewall is blocking DHCP.
In most cases, when a computer is moved from one place to another, it needs a new IP address to connect to the network. When the computer is configured with a static IP address, it will not initiate the process of obtaining a new IP address from DHCP servers. Also if a firewall is misconfigured, it may block the DHCP messages.
A user reports that the workstation CPU and boot settings have been modified. The network administrator suspects that someone may be tampering with the machine. What is a possible solution to prevent this from reoccurring?
- Scan the operating system with antivirus software.
- Set a Windows account password.
- Set a BIOS password.
- Run the startup repair tool.
A password should be used to prevent tampering with the settings within the BIOS of a workstation.
What is an open-ended question a technician could ask when troubleshooting a suspected malware infection?
- Have you ever had this problem before?
- What security software is installed on your system?
- Do you have a firewall installed on your system?
- Have you scanned the computer for viruses recently?
Open-ended questions are supposed to elicit longer, more detailed responses as opposed to closed ended questions that can be answered with a yes or no.
A user reports that the corporate web server cannot be accessed. A technician verifies that the web server can be accessed by its IP address. What are two possible causes of the problem? (Choose two.)
- The web server is misconfigured.
- The DNS server address is misconfigured on the workstation.
- The default gateway address is misconfigured on the workstation.
- The network connection is down.
- The web server information is misconfigured on the DNS server.
The fact that the web server can be accessed by its IP address indicates that the web server is working and there is connectivity between the workstation and the web server. However, the web server domain name is not resolving correctly to its IP address. This could be caused by a misconfiguration of the DNS server IP address on the workstation or the wrong entry of the web server in the DNS server.
What Windows OS utility can be used to identify possible causes of the BSOD?
- Event Log
- BIOS boot sequence
- Task Manager
- Disk Management
The Event Log can be used to research BSOD errors since it records alerts and notifications that occur during OS operations. The BIOS boot sequence indicates the sequence of devices to be searched for booting the OS. Disk Management is used to format and manage storage partitions. The Task Manager monitors and shows the programs, processes, and services that are currently running on the PC.
What is a symptom of failing RAM in a PC?
- blue screen of death (BSOD)
- slow performance
- unrecognized drives
- the display of a BOOTMGR error
When RAM fails in a computer, the computer can reboot, lockup, or display error messages such as the blue screen of death (BSOD) .
A user needs to open some files that are being shared from a remote computer. However, the user receives an “access denied” message when trying to open some files and folders. What is a probable cause of this?
- A firewall is blocking access to those resources.
- The BIOS settings are not configured correctly.
- The TPM must be enabled.
- The user is not a member of the group that has permission to access those resources.
An access denied message occurs when a user lacks the privileges that are required to access a resource. An improperly configured BIOS setting would not block access to files. A firewall has nothing to do with file system access, and TPM is used for secure access to a system.