Last Updated on March 29, 2016 by Admin
IT Essentials – ITE Chapter 6 Exam Answers v6.0 2018 2019
Cisco ITE v6.0 latest or IT Essentials v6.0 Chapter 6 Exam Answers PC hardware and software (ITE Version 6.00) collection year 2017, 2018 and 2019 Full 100%. IT Essentials has been know as ITE v6. The following are the questions exam answers. Guarantee Passed. ITE v6.0 Chapter 6 exam answers has some new update from the old version 5. You can review all Chapter 6 Exam Answers. You will get passed scored 100% with this version 6.0. Good Luck for ITE v6.0 Exam!
CCNA7.COM is helping you to collect Cisco IT Essentials Chapter 6 Exam Answers v6 2018 & 2019 or ITE Chapter 6 Exam to show you on this page. ITE Chapter 6 Exam are almost 24 questions. While you take exam online with Cisco, you will meet 24 questions with duration 1 hours to 2 hours depend on your instructor activate. To pass ITE v6 Chapter 6 Exam, you should review all these question. We provide you accurate answer 100%.
Click here go to ITE Chapter 6 Exam – Online Test
What would be a reason for a computer user to use the Task Manager Performance tab?
- to increase the performance of the CPU
- to view the processes that are running and end a process if needed
- to view the services that are currently running on the PC
- to check the CPU usage of the PC
The Performance tab is commonly used to check current computer performance. Two key areas that are shown are memory and CPU usage.
Which feature in Windows 7 and 8 allows a user to temporarily view the desktop that is behind open windows by moving the mouse over the right edge of the taskbar?
- jump lists
- thumbnail previews
Windows 8 and 7 provide the following enhanced desktop features:
- Shake – Minimize all windows that are not being used by clicking the title bar of one window and shaking the mouse.
- Peek – View the icons that are behind open windows on the desktop by placing your cursor at the right edge of the taskbar and clicking.
- Snap – Re a window by dragging it to one of the edges of the screen.
What is the minimum amount of RAM and hard drive space required to install 64-bit Windows 8 on a PC?
- 1 GB RAM and 10 GB hard disk space
- 1 GB RAM and 16 GB hard disk space
- 2 GB RAM and 16 GB hard disk space
- 2 GB RAM and 20 GB hard disk space
- 4 GB RAM and 16 GB hard disk space
- 4 GB RAM and 20 GB hard disk space
The minimum hardware requirements to install Windows 8 are as follows:
- 1 GHz 32- or 64-bit processor
- 1 GB of RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB of RAM (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 supported graphics card
- 16 GB of hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB of hard disk space (64-bit)
After upgrading a computer to Windows 7, a user notices that the UAC (User Account Control) panel appears more frequently. How can the user reduce the frequency with which the UAC appears?
- Reinstall all user programs in Compatibility Mode.
- Replace the graphics card with one that meets the minimum hardware requirements for Windows 7.
- Lower the UAC setting in the Change User Account Control settings dialog box of the User Accounts control panel.
- In the Performance Options dialog box of the Performance Information and Tools control panel, choose Adjust for Best Performance.
The UAC (User Account Control) setting allows for reducing or eliminating the number of prompts that are presented to the user.
Which Windows utility allows Windows 7 and 8 users to quickly and easily share files and folders?
- Action Center
- Device Manager
The Windows HomeGroup feature allows users to share files and folders easily over a home network. The Action Center displays errors and notifications about the system. Services allows local and remote computer services to be stopped, disabled, and started. Device Manager is used to view, manage, and troubleshoot hardware.
Which Windows administrative tool displays the usage of a number of computer resources simultaneously and can help a technician decide if an upgrade is needed?
- Event Viewer
- Component Services
- Performance Monitor
The Administrative Tools Services, Event Viewer and Component Services all display information about the operation of the computer, but only Performance Monitor displays the current workload of a number of system resources.
Which type of startup must be selected for a service that should run each time the computer is booted?
An automatic startup will start the service automatically when the PC starts. The manual startup process will occur when the application is launched by a user. There is no boot, start, or startup service type that can be configured.
Which Windows tool allows an administrator to organize computer management tools in one location for convenient use?
- Task Scheduler
- Services console
- Performance Monitor console
- Microsoft Management console
Microsoft Management console (MMC) allows an administrator to organize management tools, called snap-ins, in one location for easy administration. The Services console panel allows you to configure the service startup type, the Task Scheduler allows for scheduling of tasks, and the Performance Monitor allows for the viewing of performance data in real time.
To which category of hypervisor does the Microsoft Virtual PC belong?
- Type 1
- Type 2
- Type 3
- Type 4
The Microsoft Virtual PC is an example of a Type 2 hypervisor. Type 2 is hosted by an operating system.
What are two advantages of using PC virtualization? (Choose two.)
- It protects the host machine from viruses attacks.
- It allows multiple operating systems to run on a single PC simultaneously.
- It boosts the performance of the host machine through virtualization.
- It can provide cost savings.
- It allows network threat identification.
Benefits of virtualization include cost savings, the use of multiple operating systems on a single PC, and isolation for software testing.
A college uses virtualization technology to deploy information security courses. Some of the lab exercises involve studying the characteristics of computer viruses and worms. What is an advantage of conducting the lab exercises inside the virtualized environment as opposed to using actual PCs?
- The lab exercises are performed faster inside of the virtualized environment.
- The virtualization environment has better tools to develop mitigation solutions.
- Virus and worm attacks are more easily controlled in a virtualized environment, thus helping to protect the college network and its devices from attack.
- The viruses and worms will have limited functionality inside the virtualized environment.
Virtualization can create a controlled environment that is isolated from external networks. Because of shared system resources, the performance inside a virtual environment will not be faster. However, the benefit is that a virtual environment provides a safe platform for information security analysis.
A software engineer is involved in the development of an application. For usability tests, the engineer needs to make sure that the application will work in both Windows 7 and Windows 8 environments. The features and functions must be verified in the actual OS environment. The engineer is using a Windows 7 workstation. What two technologies can help the engineer achieve the usability tests? (Choose two.)
- dual boot
- two separate CPUs
- storage redundancy
- client-side virtualization
- two separate hard disks
Client-side virtualization enables a host OS to provide a virtual environment within which a guest OS can be installed and be operational as an actual OS. The dual boot configuration will provide an option to run either OS (but not both at the same time). Just using two disks is not a sufficient solution to run two separate OS.
A technician needs to use an application that is not supported by Windows operating systems on the PC. How can the technician make this application run on the PC?
- Use the Windows Compatibility mode.
- Install the application with elevated permissions as administrator.
- Create a virtual machine with an operating system that supports the application.
- Install the application in safe mode.
Windows Compatibility mode will only allow an application to run as long as it is supported by the Windows operating system. The application cannot be installed if the operating system does not support it. It is necessary in this case to create a virtual machine with an operating system, as the guest OS, that supports the application.
What preventive maintenance action should be taken to help improve system security?
- Automate any antivirus scanners.
- Defragment the hard drive.
- Perform backups regularly.
- Error check the hard drive.
Regular scanning in search for viruses is a way to detect one type of malicious software before it causes any damage to the system. A good technician should schedule automatic scans to remove any virus that may have entered into the computer.
Which Windows 7 feature would an administrator use to configure a computer to delete temporary files from the hard drive at 3:00 AM each day?
- Disk Cleanup
- Task Scheduler
- Device Manager
- Computer Management
Task Scheduler is commonly used as part of a preventive maintenance plan that includes hard disk checks, hard drive defragmentation, and backups.
Which command is used from the Windows command prompt to schedule a program to run at a specific time?
The AT command is used to schedule commands, scripts, and programs to run at a specific date and time.
When troubleshooting a printer problem, a technician finds that the operating system was automatically updated with a corrupt device driver. Which solution would resolve this issue?
- Roll back the driver.
- Restart both the computer and the printer.
- Scan the downloaded driver file with a virus scanner.
- Upload the correct driver to the printer.
You can use the Roll Back Driver feature to revert back to the previously installed driver if an updated driver does not work properly. A printer driver is a software piece installed on a computer to communicate with the printer.
Which two Windows utilities can be used to help maintain hard disks on computers that have had long periods of normal use? (Choose two.)
- Disk Cleanup
- Disk Maintenance
- Disk Defragmenter
- Disk Partition
- Disk Format
After long periods of use, the hard drive becomes fragmented (the files are not saved in consecutive clusters). This increases the time the computer takes to retrieve a file. Disk Cleanup deletes unnecessary temporary hard drive files. Including hard drive maintenance as part of a preventive maintenance plan is a good idea for all computers.
What is a common step that a technician can take to determine the cause of an operating system problem?
- Boot into Safe Mode to determine if the problem is driver related.
- Test the power supply.
- Document the time spent to resolve the problem.
- Check the fan connections and ensure the fan is working properly.
Device drivers are computer programs that are specific to operating systems. They allow the operating system to interact with the hardware and can be the cause of operating system problems and bad performance. Booting into Safe Mode can help in troubleshooting driver-related problems because the computer boots loading only the minimum required drivers such as keyboard and display drivers.
Which question is an open ended question that could be used when helping a customer troubleshoot a Windows problem?
- Can you boot the operating system?
- Have you changed your password recently?
- Do you get a login prompt when the computer boots?
- What programs have you installed recently?
Closed ended questions tend to have a yes/no response. Open ended questions leave more room for the customer to explain in more detail. Technicians should use open ended questions to help identify the problem.
A user reports that logging into the workstation fails after a display driver has been updated. The user insists that the password is typed in correctly. What is the most likely cause of the problem?
- The password has changed.
- The Caps Lock key is set to on.
- A display driver update failed.
- The display setting has changed after a driver update.
Is it unlikely that a driver update would affect the ability of a user to log on to a computer. It is most likely that the Caps Lock key is set to on by mistake and it should be checked first. This is a common problem.
A user reports that a video editing program does not work properly after a sound mixing program is installed. The technician suspects that a compatibility issue might be the cause of the problem. What should the technician do to verify this theory?”
- Update Windows OS.
- Update the video editing software.
- Uninstall the sound mixing software.
- Check if an update of the sound mixing software is available.
Once a theory is established, the technician should test the theory before making a plan to resolve the problem. If the sound mixing software is uninstalled and the video editing software works properly again, this proves the theory of cause. Checking if an update is available or updating the software are ways to resolve the problem after the cause of the problem is verified.
A user reports to a technician that his computer freezes without any error messages. What are two probable causes? (Choose two.)
- An update has corrupted the operating system.
- A process is not using enough system resources.
- The power supply is failing.
- The MBR is corrupted.
- The boot order is not set correctly in BIOS.
There are a number of potential causes for this problem:
- An update has corrupted the operating system.
- The power supply is failing.
- The CPU or FSB settings are incorrect on the motherboard or in the BIOS.
- The computer is overheating.
- The RAM is failing.
A technician is trying to fix a Windows 7 computer that displays an “Invalid Boot Disk” error after POST. What is a possible cause of the error?
- The boot.ini file is corrupt.
- The ntldr.exe file is corrupt.
- The ntdetect.com file is corrupt.
- The boot order is not set correctly in the BIOS.
If a booting media does not have an operating system or the boot order is not set correctly in BIOS setup, a computer cannot locate an OS, and thus cannot boot.