Last Updated on April 6, 2016 by Admin
Skills Review Exam v5.0 Answer 2016
Which component is an input device?
- hard drive
Which component would be located inside the computer case?
- USB hard drive
Which device has adjustable brightness and contrast settings?
Which device allows you to point and click?
- hard drive
- video card
Refer to the exhibit. Which device is illustrated?
- computer case
Which component is responsible for performing all of the arithmetic and logical operations within a computer?
- controller card
- hard drive
Refer to the exhibit. A portion of the Start menu is shown. How would a user access e-mail?
- right-click the Outlook icon and choose Run from the drop-down menu
- highlight the Outlook icon and click the Start button
- right-click the Outlook icon, then press the Windows key on the keyboard
- left-click the Outlook icon
Refer to the exhibit. What is the meaning of “04:08” in the bottom-right corner of the Windows XP screen?
- aspect ratio of the screen
- dimensions of the current window
How can a section of text in a Notepad document be highlighted to be copied to another location within the document?
- click the Copy icon, then drag the pointer over the text to be copied
- double-click the words to be copied
- move the pointer to the start of the text to be copied, press the Windows key, move the pointer to the end of the text, and click the Copy icon
- click at the start of the text, drag the pointer to the end of the text, then release the button
Refer to the exhibit. Why is Undo in black, while the other items are in gray?
- Commands are shown in black, while edit operations are shown in gray.
- Groups of menu items alternate black and gray to make them easier to find.
- There are no operations to undo, so this operation is unavailable.
- There is no text to cut, copy, paste, or delete, so these operations are unavailable.
Refer to the exhibit. What caused the pictured menu to appear on the user’s screen?
- The user double-clicked a desktop icon.
- The user right-clicked a desktop icon.
- The user highlighted an icon and then pressed Enter.
- The user highlighted an icon and then pressed the Esc key.
The failure rate in a certain brand of network interface card has been determined to be 15%. How many cards could be expected to fail in a company that has 80 of the cards installed?
A local real estate company can have its 25 computer systems upgraded for $1000. If the company chooses only to upgrade 10 systems, how much will the upgrade cost if the same rate is used?
When climbing a ladder, what is the proper way to carry tools?
- Carry all tools in a proper toolbelt.
- Carry all tools in hands for easy access.
- Carry all tools in clothing pockets to keep hands free.
- Carry tools with one hand only to keep one hand free to assist in climbing.
Which precaution should be taken before any electronic component is removed from a computer system?
- place the computer on an insulating mat
- make sure that the computer is unplugged
- attach a grounding wire to the case
- use only approved metal tools
Which two questions should be answered before using any hand tool? (Choose two.)
- Is it in good condition?
- Is it the proper tool for the job?
- Is the color code correct?
- Is it accepted internationally?
Which problem could occur if a screwdriver is used to pry the top off of a computer case?
- The screwdriver could slip and cause harm to the technician or to nearby individuals.
- The screwdriver could cause deformation to the adapter cards.
- The screwdriver could break and short out the motherboard.
- The screwdriver could scratch the case, causing the motherboard to short circuit.
What is an advantage of purchasing a tablet rather than a laptop computer?
- wireless capability
- reduced size/weight
- quicker Internet access
- easier typing capabilities
- faster processing speed
- increased number of possible attached devices
Match the icon to its likely associated use. (Not all options are used.)
This is a flash item. Please click below to answer this item. Refer to the exhibit. Drag the Windows interface icon indicator on the left to the function on the right. (Not all options are used.)
Which two operating systems are used in smartphones? (Choose two.)
- OS X
- Snow Leopard
- Windows 7
Which operating system is considered an open source OS for mobile devices?
- BlackBerry OS
- Windows Mobile
A student purchased a new WiFi enabled tablet computer. What is required to connect this device to the Internet?
- a 3G or 4G network
- a telephone company
- a wireless LAN
- a mobile phone service provider
In the event that a mobile device is lost or stolen, which two procedures can help protect private information that is stored on the device? (Choose two.)
- Use a secure email client.
- Encrypt the storage media.
- Enable the device access password.
- Turn off the device when it is not in use.
- Turn off the wireless connection when it is not in use.
What password would be considered a strong password?
Refer to the exhibit. An IT technician is helping a neighbor to connect a newly purchased e-book reader to the Internet via a WLAN. The technician notices that the WLAN is detected as linksys_SES_23831. What additional information is required in order to connect the mobile device to the WLAN?
- both username and password
Considering the average capacity of storage device media, drag the storage media on the left to the capacity list on the right.
Drag the term on the left to the graphic on the right. (Not all options are used.)
A classmate is creating an imaginary language. Here are some words the classmate has created:
stalopheah means good day
stalopjink means goodness
drahplunk means light house
flinsjink means happiness
plunkgrecki means house fly
What would your classmate use to mean “daylight”?
Which two devices are output devices? (Choose two.)
- video camera
Which two devices provide permanent data storage? (Choose two.)
- Blu-Ray disc
- hard drive
What are two types of printers? (Choose two.)
- carbon transfer
Which operation begins with the user clicking on the Windows Start button?
- turn on the computer
- start a program that is highlighted on the desktop
- log off or shut down the computer
- change the BIOS configuration
Refer to the exhibit. What does the symbol shown represent?
- a folder which is a collection of subfolders and files
- a Word document stored on the disk
- a database file
- a program that is used to navigate the files stored on a disk
It is anticipated that a company-wide system upgrade will take approximately 60 person-hours to complete. How long will it take five technicians that each work the same amount of time to perform the refresh?
- 5 hours
- 8 hours
- 10 hours
- 12 hours
Which two general precautions should be followed when using hand tools? (Choose two.)
- Use tools that are the right size and right type.
- Always carry pointed tools by your side with the pointed end up.
- Keep cutting tools sharp and in good condition.
- Carry the tools used most often in your pockets.
Which precaution should be taken when using cleaning solvents?
- use solvents only in confined spaces to avoid exposing others to the vapors
- use solvents away from sources of ignition
- pour excess solvents down the drain
- store solvents on open storage shelves rather than a closed cabinet
If a technician uses an average of 2 cans of compressed air per week for cleaning, how many cans should be ordered for 8 technicians over the next 10 weeks?
What would be the most environmentally friendly procedure to consider in the design of a server room?
- Share one monitor with several servers.
- Implement power line conditioning and redundancy.
- Filter the air in the room.
- Maintain a constant room temperature throughout the year.
Which hardware component must be installed in a PC to provide network connectivity?
- PCI bus
- serial port
- network interface
- expansion slot