Last Updated on June 3, 2015 by Admin
ITE Chapter 1 Exam Answer 2016
Which type of memory is primarily used as cache memory?
Which two considerations would be of the greatest importance when building a workstation that will run multiple virtual machines? (Choose two.)
- high-end sound card
- number of CPU cores*
- water cooling
- powerful video card
- amount of RAM*
Which two devices are considered input devices? (Choose two.)
- digital camera*
- biometric authentication device*
Which three devices are considered output devices? (Choose three.)
- fingerprint scanner
A user playing a game on a gaming PC with a standard EIDE 5400 RPM hard drive finds the performance unsatisfactory. Which hard drive upgrade would improve performance while providing more reliability and using less power?
- a 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
- a 7200 RPM EIDE hard drive
- an SSD*
- a 10,000 RPM SATA hard drive
Which hardware upgrade would allow the processor in a gaming PC to provide the optimal gaming performance?
- a fast EIDE drive
- large amounts of fast RAM*
- liquid cooling
- a high capacity external hard drive
Which two storage devices use a magnetic medium for storing data? (Choose two.)
- tape drive*
- solid state drive
- hard disk drive*
- compact disk drive
- blue-ray disk drive
Refer to the exhibit. Which type of adapter is shown?
- network interface*
Which component controls the communications and interactions between the CPU and other components on the motherboard?
Which two pieces of information are needed before selecting a power supply? (Choose two.)
- the total wattage of all components*
- the voltage requirements of peripheral devices
- the form factor of the case*
- the type of CPU
- the installed operating system
Which memory module has a front side bus speed of 200 MHz?
- PC100 SDRAM
What are two factors that must be considered when choosing a computer case? (Choose two.)
- the number of LED indicators at the front of the case
- the size of the motherboard and the power supply*
- the vendor that manufactured the motherboard
- the size of the monitor
- the number of internal drive locations*
This is a flash item. Please click below to answer this item.
Which unit of measurement is used to indicate the hard drive speed?
- pages per minute
- revolutions per minute*
- clusters per minute
Refer to the exhibit. Which type of video card expansion slot is depicted?
What type of connector can be used to connect an eSATA interface to an external SATA drive?
- 7-pin connector*
- 9-pin connector
- 15-pin connector
- 5-pin connector
Where can the input voltage selection be changed from 110 volts to 220 volts on a computer system?
- on the motherboard
- in the BIOS
- on the back of the power supply*
- in the operating system control panel
Refer to the exhibit. Which type of cable is shown in the graphic?
Which two activities are normally controlled by the Northbridge part of the chipset? (Choose two.)
- communication between the CPU and the sound card
- communication between the CPU and the hard drive
- access to the RAM*
- communication between the CPU and the I/O ports
- access to the video card*
A technician looks at a motherboard and sees a 24-pin connector. What component would connect to the motherboard through the use of this 24-pin connector?
- power supply*
- SATA drive
- video card
- PATA optical drive
- floppy drive