Last Updated on February 9, 2016 by Admin
Introduction to Linux I Chapter 3 Exam Answer
Question ID 553
If you want to see the entire contents of a text file, you can use the _____ command:
Question ID 554
The expand and unexpand commands change:
- New lines
- Carriage returns
Question ID 555
The head -n -1 readme.txt command will:
- Show the first character of every line of readme.txt
- Display all but the last line of readme.txt
- Number the lines of readme.txt
- Display the first line of readme.txt
Question ID 556
Why would you press CTRL+C when executing tail?
- To capture the output into a file
- To complete the processing of a file
- To stop tail from following a file
- To get tail to copy the text it is outputting
Question ID 557
Which command merges two files like related tables in a database?
Question ID 558
Which command will merge two files together line by line?
Question ID 559
Which of the following is a non-interactive editor?
Question ID 560
If you want to break apart a large file into smaller files, you can use:
Question ID 561
Select the function that the tr command cannot perform:
- Translate from one set of characters to another
- Delete specific characters
- Eliminate duplicate characters
- Insert characters
Question ID 562
Which command will remove consecutive duplicate lines from a file?
Question ID 563
If you want to extract fields from a file, you can use:
Question ID 564
If you want to set the maximum line width for a text file, you can use:
Question ID 565
This command displays binary files in a variety of representations:
Question ID 566
If you want a file to be displayed with its lines numbered, you can use:
Question ID 567
To put the lines of a file in alphabetical order, you can run:
Question ID 568
The _____ command provides many options for formatting a file for printing.
Question ID 1392
Two tables have columns with the same field names. What is required in order to join the two tables?
- Change field names in one of the tables to make it unambiguous
- Join between such tables cannot be created
- Create a dummy table which has no common fields
- Field names must be prefixed by the table name and a period