Last Updated on August 24, 2015 by Admin
CCNA1 Practice Final Exam Answer 2016 V5.1
Which term refers to a network that provides secure access to the corporate offices by suppliers, customers and collaborators?
A small business user is looking for an ISP connection that provides high speed digital transmission over regular phone lines. What ISP connection type should be used?
- cell modem
- cable modem
Refer to the exhibit. An administrator is trying to configure the switch but receives the error message that is displayed in the exhibit. What is the problem?
- The entire command, configure terminal, must be used.
- The administrator is already in global configuration mode.
- The administrator must first enter privileged EXEC mode before issuing the command.
- The administrator must connect via the console port to access global configuration mode.
Which keys act as a hot key combination that is used to interrupt an IOS process?
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring access control to switch SW1. If the administrator uses Telnet to connect to the switch, which password is needed to access user EXEC mode?
A network administrator enters the service password-encryption command into the configuration mode of a router. What does this command accomplish?
- This command encrypts passwords as they are transmitted across serial WAN links.
- This command prevents someone from viewing the running configuration passwords.
- This command enables a strong encryption algorithm for the enable secret password command.
- This command automatically encrypts passwords in configuration files that are currently stored in NVRAM.
- This command provides an exclusive encrypted password for external service personnel who are required to do router maintenance.
What is the purpose of the SVI on a Cisco switch?
- The SVI provides a physical interface for remote access to the switch.
- The SVI provides a faster method for switching traffic between ports on the switch.
- The SVI adds Layer 4 connectivity between VLANs.
- The SVI provides a virtual interface for remote access to the switch.
Which message delivery option is used when all devices need to receive the same message simultaneously?
Which two protocols function at the internet layer? (Choose two.)
What PDU is associated with the transport layer?
What is done to an IP packet before it is transmitted over the physical medium?
- It is tagged with information guaranteeing reliable delivery.
- It is segmented into smaller individual pieces.
- It is encapsulated into a TCP segment.
- It is encapsulated in a Layer 2 frame.
What type of communication medium is used with a wireless LAN connection?
- radio waves
In addition to the cable length, what two factors could interfere with the communication carried over UTP cables? (Choose two.)
- size of the network
- signal modulation technique
- electromagnetic interference
What are the two sublayers of the OSI model data link layer? (Choose two.)
- network access
A technician has been asked to develop a physical topology for a network that provides a high level of redundancy. Which physical topology requires that every node is attached to every other node on the network?
What type of communication rule would best describe CSMA/CD?
- access method
- flow control
- message encapsulation
- message encoding
If data is being sent over a wireless network, then connects to an Ethernet network, and eventually connects to a DSL connection, which header will be replaced each time the data travels through a network infrastructure device?
- Layer 3
- data link
- Layer 4
What best describes the destination IPv4 address that is used by multicasting?
- a single IP multicast address that is used by all destinations in a group
- an IP address that is unique for each destination in the group
- a group address that shares the last 23 bits with the source IPv4 address
- a 48 bit address that is determined by the number of members in the multicast group
In an Ethernet network, when a device receives a frame of 1200 bytes, what will it do?
- drop the frame
- process the frame as it is
- send an error message to the sending device
- add random data bytes to make the frame 1518 bytes long and then forward it
What important information is examined in the Ethernet frame header by a Layer 2 device in order to forward the data onward?
- source MAC address
- source IP address
- destination MAC address
- Ethernet type
- destination IP address
What will a Layer 2 switch do when the destination MAC address of a received frame is not in the MAC table?
- It initiates an ARP request.
- It broadcasts the frame out of all ports on the switch.
- It notifies the sending host that the frame cannot be delivered.
- It forwards the frame out of all ports except for the port at which the frame was received.
What are two features of ARP? (Choose two.)
- If a host is ready to send a packet to a local destination device and it has the IP address but not the MAC address of the destination, it generates an ARP broadcast.
- An ARP request is sent to all devices on the Ethernet LAN and contains the IP address of the destination host and its multicast MAC address.
- When a host is encapsulating a packet into a frame, it refers to the MAC address table to determine the mapping of IP addresses to MAC addresses.
- If no device responds to the ARP request, then the originating node will broadcast the data packet to all devices on the network segment.
- If a device receiving an ARP request has the destination IPv4 address, it responds with an ARP reply.
Which two services are required to enable a computer to receive dynamic IP addresses and access the Internet using domain names? (Choose two.)
What is a basic characteristic of the IP protocol?
- media dependent
- user data segmentation
- reliable end-to-end delivery
Refer to the exhibit. A user issues the command netstat –r on a workstation. Which IPv6 address is one of the link-local addresses of the workstation?
Which two statements correctly describe a router memory type and its contents? (Choose two.)
- ROM is nonvolatile and stores the running IOS.
- FLASH is nonvolatile and contains a limited portion of the IOS.
- RAM is volatile and stores the IP routing table.
- NVRAM is nonvolatile and stores a full version of the IOS.
- ROM is nonvolatile and contains basic diagnostic software.
What three blocks of addresses are defined by RFC 1918 for private network use? (Choose three.)
What is the valid most compressed format possible of the IPv6 address 2001:0DB8:0000:AB00:0000:0000:0000:1234?
At a minimum, which address is required on IPv6-enabled interfaces?
- unique local
- site local
- global unicast
An IPv6 enabled device sends a data packet with the destination address of FF02::2. What is the target of this packet?
- all IPv6 enabled devices across the network
- all IPv6 enabled devices on the local link
- all IPv6 DHCP servers
- all IPv6 configured routers on the local link
What is the purpose of ICMP messages?
- to inform routers about network topology changes
- to ensure the delivery of an IP packet
- to provide feedback of IP packet transmissions
- to monitor the process of a domain name to IP address resolution
Which statement describes a characteristic of the traceroute utility?
- It sends four Echo Request messages.
- It utilizes the ICMP Source Quench messages.
- It is primarily used to test connectivity between two hosts.
- It identifies the routers in the path from a source host to a destination host.
What is the usable number of host IP addresses on a network that has a /26 mask?
Refer to the exhibit. An administrator must send a message to everyone on the router A network. What is the broadcast address for network 172.16.16.0/22?
A network administrator is variably subnetting a given block of IPv4 addresses. Which combination of network addresses and prefix lengths will make the most efficient use of addresses when the need is for 2 subnets capable of supporting 10 hosts and 1 subnet that can support 6 hosts?
Given IPv6 address prefix 2001:db8::/48, what will be the last subnet that is created if the subnet prefix is changed to /52?
A technician with a PC is using multiple applications while connected to the Internet. How is the PC able to keep track of the data flow between multiple application sessions and have each application receive the correct packet flows?
- The data flow is being tracked based on the destination port number utilized by each application.
- The data flow is being tracked based on the source port number utilized by each application.
- The data flow is being tracked based on the source IP address used by the PC of the technician.
- The data flow is being tracked based on the destination IP address used by the PC of the technician.
What three services are provided by the transport layer? (Choose three.)
- flow control
- encryption of data
- path determination
- connection establishment
- error recovery
- bit transmission
- data representation
An Internet television transmission is using UDP. What happens when part of the transmission is not delivered to the destination?
- A delivery failure message is sent to the source host.
- The part of the television transmission that was lost is re-sent.
- The entire transmission is re-sent.
- The transmission continues without the missing portion.
Which two OSI model layers are considered to be included in the top layer of the TCP/IP protocol stack? (Choose two.)
An author is uploading one chapter document from a personal computer to a file server of a book publisher. What role is the personal computer assuming in this network model?
Which two automatic addressing assignments are supported by DHCP? (Choose two.)
- local server address
- subnet mask
- default gateway address
- physical address of the recipient
- physical address of the sender
When a network administrator is trying to manage network traffic on a growing network, when should traffic flow patterns be analyzed?
- during times of peak utilization
- during off-peak hours
- during employee holidays and weekends
- during randomly selected times
What is the objective of a network reconnaissance attack?
- discovery and mapping of systems
- unauthorized manipulation of data
- disabling network systems or services
- denying access to resources by legitimate users
What will be the result of failed login attempts if the following command is entered into a router?
login block-for 150 attempts 4 within 90
- All login attempts will be blocked for 150 seconds if there are 4 failed attempts within 90 seconds.
- All login attempts will be blocked for 90 seconds if there are 4 failed attempts within 150 seconds.
- All login attempts will be blocked for 1.5 hours if there are 4 failed attempts within 150 seconds.
- All login attempts will be blocked for 4 hours if there are 90 failed attempts within 150 seconds.
What is an advantage of storing configuration files to a USB flash drive instead of to a TFTP server?
- The files can be saved without using terminal emulation software.
- The transfer of the files does not rely on network connectivity.
- The USB flash drive is more secure.
- The configuration files can be stored to a flash drive that uses any file system format.
Match the requirements of a reliable network with the supporting network architecture. (Not all options are used.)
Match the descriptions to the terms. (Not all options are used.)
Match the functions with the corresponding OSI layer. (Not all options are used.)
Match the phases to the functions during the boot up process of a Cisco router . (Not all options are used.)