Last Updated on March 24, 2021 by Admin
A network administrator enters the service password-encryption command into the configuration mode of a router. What does this command accomplish?
- This command encrypts passwords as they are transmitted across serial WAN links.
- This command prevents someone from viewing the running configuration passwords.
- This command enables a strong encryption algorithm for the enable secret password command.
- This command automatically encrypts passwords in configuration files that are currently stored in NVRAM.
- This command provides an exclusive encrypted password for external service personnel who are required to do router maintenance.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
The startup-config and running-config files display most passwords in plaintext. Use the service password-encryption global config command to encrypt all plaintext passwords in these files.